Monday, December 12, 2011

Poetry

The highest object of a language is its poetry. From what I can tell, Japanese poetry certainly makes learning the language worthwhile, for it is a completely unique tradition which is especially different from the Western poetry. すきです。I want to look more into the tradition as I learn the language. はいくのほんがほしいです。 Preferably with English translations beside the original. I like the idea of shorter imagery poems over the long narratives of the Western tradition. The simple beauty shows how painstakingly well crafted these poems are. Furthermore, I believe that the feelings they invoke relate to 日本のてつがく, with the Zen relationship to nature. Furthermore I've never been able to truly understand English meter, but the formal system of Morae is highly accessible (which is why it is even imitated in English through syllables). ばしょうの おくのほそみちをみたいです, which this blog is named after.

No comments:

Post a Comment